Saturday, May 13, 2006

I asked my mom what she wanted for Mother's Day, and her answer was what it always is - "Socks."
Being that the second sock to the pair I'm knitting for her - erm :COUGH:christmaspresent2005:/COUGH: still isn't done ;X, and I'm limited (not having a car) to stores in close proximity - I had to come to more creative solutions.
So, I'm making The Best Card in the Universe. Yeah, it's official. The supplies cost an arm and a leg - but it's going to be The Best Card in the Universe. I bought scrapbooking supplies and cardstock, and I'm adding embellishments (lace, beaded things, and a button "You're as cute as a button" - yeah it's corny ;)) - my mom will love it. I'm also planning on cooking dinner for her or ordering out, and I rented a bunch of movies so we can hang out and watch those :) I love my mama.

Despite having worked a 5-day week, and having to take the bus today (I left at 7:30am and got home at 4:45pm) - I ran on the treadmill when I got home. Mmmhmm. I love running. I love getting all sweaty and having my heart race. It's the best.

I definitely have things to do. Let me just say, though, that I went to a prayer meeting at my pastor's house last night, and it was good. God is teaching me a ton about not "casting my pearls before swine" (matt 7:6)...about respecting myself and those around me, and not giving way to pride. I am really prideful sometimes (a LOT of times)...it's the thing I struggle with the most, and I'm trying to refrain from doing the things I fall into that allow me to do that. It definitely pulls me away from God and I hate it so much. He's my Rock, and without him everything sucks, to be blunt!

Peace like a river. ;)